Thursday, March 27, 2008

FLATTERY COMES UNEXPECTEDLY

Unexpected flattery from another coach with a comment,
"Benjamin Moore has almost a zillion shades of white to choose from in its White Palette." I call it flattery, as another coach took the time to post on my site and seeks to attract readers to his.

(Note, corrected the spelling of Benjamin. Not a criticism, just a fact, and I've been there too.)

I thank Barry for his time and the comment and the link to another prospective - all which I applaud loudly. And, of course, I could not let the comment go without posting my thoughts on it. I had a feeling, and took a minute - or two, to check it out.

Does the concept of a zillion of anything help when thinking of changing something? Yikes, what do you do with a zillion, how to make a selection, a choice, even have a favorite. Best I could do is, well, boil it down to maybe 10,000 out of a zillion, and that is optimistic.

Does that mean that on a sliding scale, it will take a zillion somethings - like seconds, minutes, hours, or days in time to move along the scale from white to grey?

Suggestion: Skip the zillions comment and simply check out his blog post for another perspective. Hey, let me know what you think, I'm curious, as always. Want to make a change? One way is to - simply, do it. Go back to being 5- 10 years old again and play with it. If you want to be a rock star, get that new video game "Rock Band." If you want to be a good cook -- cook something. If you want a nice garden - take a picture of a spot at different times of the day sun and without. Think of what you want - tall flowers, short flowers, the colors and scents. Go to a garden store and ask questions.

Squeeze the joy, at least a zillion times! Now that is an interesting thought!!!!!!!!

Flattery maybe, next. Stay tuned

No comments: