Sunday, September 12, 2010

VACATION HEAVEN.......

Back from vacation, and still relaxed. This is what I have deemed a successful vacation. I had no expectations, a couple very casual and possible requests and they were granted. On the agenda was activity (the cottage was on a hill, and the dock was down 44 steps more.) Then took a couple long walks, one over 5 miles. That item was checked off.

Naps - took one almost every day, so that item was checked off.

Sitting on the dock with wine, a book and my I-Pod. Also checked off.

Relaxing - checked off.

Coaching session -- with client. Another item checked off.

Sharing the space with friends and loved ones, checked off.

Weather interruption -- did not happen, as no expectations. Another item checked off.

This might not be your style of vacation, yet this is what was needed for myself - my friend who shared the space with me, and other friends who came to visit. It became a destination spot for friends who needed the time to relax, refresh and commune.

Many grand meals grilled outside and lots and lots of laughter.

My friend and photographer, by the way, and I created the vacation, kept it in progress as it was planned and confirmed, and then success was working together to pack, unpack, cook and share the space together and with others.

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success." -
Henry Ford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan--Janice NJ---Your vacation sounds so perfect just what i need sounds incredible, peaceful, fun. I love naps also you really do feel refreshed about 15 to 20 mins.

Very nice that your friend is your photographer also as I love there work i am a follower of yours for over 2yrs now and your are such a God send. Your writings are brilliant and you provide such outstanding insights and suggestions. Thank you for providing this warm and comfort of a place to come to just BE. I have gone through a great deal this year losing my husband to a motor cycle accident and my 10 year old disappearing which he is still yet to be found and it has been 2 months and my heart is breaking two most important people in my life other than God is gone. A vacation is a perfect idea thank you for this idea and tell your photographer I love there work they capture all the details and look forward to seeing more.

Also keep up the brilliant writing