Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa

This morning in church God reminded me, I am me.  I was created to be me by Him.  The more I continue to step into the person He created the more at peace, contented, and joyful I become.  And, I'm discovering the more I am me, the more I enjoy meeting and learning who others are.

This is a season of multiple holidays which are celebrated in this United States.  Christmas, Hanukkah (khä`nəkə, –n kä), and Kwanzaa are three which are celebrated during December.

By saying, greeting and wishing others a Merry Christmas I am sharing my belief. It is not in any way intended in disrespect, and it is not bragging.  I welcome others to share their belief by saying Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa, or simply saying Hello.

And, if you are more comfortable simply saying - Happy Holidays, I am not here to say please, do not.

For many years I did not share myself with others as I felt I was less than others are.  Today, I am simply moving into being comfortable with the person God has created me to be.  Each of us is a creation, I believe of God, and you have your own beliefs.

The United States continues to be a melting pot of diversity, which I applaud.

By saying Merry Christmas I am simply sharing who I am, and I continue to look forward to learning who you are



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas girl its Roy and family

Take care

Anonymous said...

Roy again fantastic picture kudos

Anonymous said...

SU gang Merry Christmas Susan hope all is well and look forward to more of you writings. Let us know when your seminar will be.

Outstanding picture all of us having a bible study after dinner all of us are going to different parents houses together

Namaste

Anonymous said...

Jessie here Merry Christmas Susan

Anonymous said...

Renee here Happy Holidays your choir at Browncroft sounded amazing Second time At your church and follower of yours for teo years

Anonymous said...

Betty here second that the choir sounded like angels. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Adam here Merry Christmas