Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something Different .........

Sunday Morning - Dressed and ready for church-- it is a joyful, "civilized", morning with light snow quietly falling outside.

That reminded me of blogging lately, as the blog has been quiet. With anything new, something else needs to be quiet to make space for the new. For a few weeks I was chastising myself for not putting forth thoughts, concepts, ideas and communications for the world to see and be with. Then as if an epiphany occurred - I let go of that feeling of need, lack and disgruntled noise.

Doing something different can be a good thing - new muscles are being used, and perhaps that is the discomfort in newness. It is strange, takes more energy, it is not rocking chair easy. And, yet with planning, steps, recalculating, focus, and practice, the muscles begin to flex with greater ease and the newness begins to wear off.

The new project is not yet complete, yet a new project is underway. It has grown past the newborn stage to crawling and beginning to stand up with support.

Oh, I have had new experiences - plenty of new jobs to adjust to, yet as a recognized Change Master this is a new feeling that can finally be expressed. Everything new can feel and be uncomfortable. Suggestion: this may have been posted before - yet, it is worth it from my perspective, at least to post again. Consider becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable. Then real, measured growth will be obvious to your senses.

What are you working on?

Squeeze joy!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan----Jennifer of NC---Thank you for this post as i have found by being quiet the ideas start to flow. I am a teacher and have to come up with ideas for the kids. I teach 4yrs olds as you can imagine i try to keep them occupied.

I was thinking just too hard when I went out and did errands when I came back some ideas came to mind one i am going to have my class paint on easles let them be the little artist and I play keyboard and going to bring that into my class for a sing along as my kids love music.

Your friend out did themselves again with the picture absolutely love it. I have been a follower of yours for over 2yrs and when the different pictures have been on your site I have shared it with my 4yr olds I enjoy teaching the kids and letting them look at pictures as then they tell me what it is about.

You can imagine 4yr old comments which are so cute. First i just showed the lastest picture to my class last week and the kids all give kudo's and thumbs up and it was cute as they stuck their thumbs up all at the same time and in a soft voice of one of the girls she said the foot prints look like Jesus has been there. I am Christian and work for a Christian school and my kids are learning about Jesus thought that was really cute and I do agree that looking out your mind can escape and go on and on into eternity. Outstanding job. Then one of my boys in the class said the picture ROCKS we all laughed.

Kids say the cutest things.

You are an amazing writer as I have been reading past post and current ones. Please let me know when you are going to do a relationship seminar as i have read in other post. I won't be able to get there yet if you do a post cast of it then i can listen to it that would be appreciated.

Susan your a gift from God and your words are done with Grace and a sense of peace.

Look forward to more post and more pictures are the pictures for sale if so please provide where i can get some.

Enjoy your day and my kids are having a party on Friday gearing up for the Superbowl that will be a play day.

Anonymous said...

continuation ---Jennifer of NC---Some of your post I have read to my kids in my class they were some of your earlier ones that I thought the children would enjoy.

Susan keep up with the gift of marvelous words that God has provided you to share with all of us

Anonymous said...

Susan---Lindsey of Fairport NY---this post is just what i needed as i have a family of 5 my husband and i plus our 2 boys one 10 and the other boy 11 and a daughter whose 7 so being civilized has not been in our vocabulary in a long time. My husband and i read and re-read your post on a daily basis that is our little quiet time after the kids go to bed we bring the laptop on the bed and we read you post which you site is our peace of heaven. We make sure we take at least a half hour to read them and talk about them.

We have put a lot of your suggestions to use with our children as well as ourselves.

Susan thank you so much for your words you have become part of our family everynight before bed.

You friend the photographer is amazing and our family loves the newest picture and all the pictures that have been posted. This picture you can feel God's presence and you can stare at this as it keeps going and going for eternity. Let us know if there is a place where the pictures are shown.

We have been a follower of yours for 3yrs

We look forward to your next post and God is shining through you with the outstanding words God provides you to share with everyone

Keep up the great work

Keylogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.