Friday, February 18, 2011

A Taste

Every day we may experience or taste something new and ask, perhaps, "Where have I been..... ", this is yummy, or delightful, or wow.

As adults most of us have experienced spiritual education or religion either by taking steps ourselves or with relatives. Our experiences are many and with different results. Perhaps, like me, your early religious education and encounter was lacking in many areas.

I truly thank God for questioning me and asking me to continue searching to find the environment that works for me.

When my children were growing up they went to church with me and went to Sunday School. That stopped abruptly with experiences and situations. I found I could not be that spiritual guide for a period of time longer than anything I could imagine.

Yet, now as adults I have had wonderfully rich conversations with each of my children. They are making their own decisions, and yet, we are open and truthful with who we are and love each other within the space of honesty. I can imagine no other.

What experiences are you and your children missing? Each day I ask God that question, and when I am quiet I hear Him. The more I listen the happier I am.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan Betsy of SC---thank you for this post as it is very nice once the kids grow up and have those enjoyable conversations. It's nice when they occur and so enjoyable.

You provide our family with lots of joy and I can tell how gifted of a writer you are and certainly can tell your God's gift to all of us. Keep of the great work.

Your friend the photographer out did themselves again and love love this picture. Look forward to see more post and pictures great job

pedro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Devon of Gates Chili, NY--Yes I attended religious education a long time ago because my parents made me go. Now at the age of 60 and have 4 children I was introduced to a mens group at my church and i love it so much and have a better understanding of it now than i did when i was forced to go.

My wife and I have raised our children to know God and on Sundays we all have dinner together and we take time about 30mins to an hour to pray together. This to me is a wow experience and knowing God and the works that he has done and continues to do in each of our lives.

Susan you are so gifted as a writer and can tell you shine through God. Your photographer is amazing and keeps dazzling us with the most delightful pictures.

I have noticed on other comments people have asked when your having a seminar and please let us know if your photographer is showing there work somewhere.

Keep up the outstanding job and continue letting God lead you and guide you.

Look forward to hearing more and seeing more pictures.