Tuesday, April 29, 2008

PETER DRUCKER

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." by Peter Drucker

This resonates with me - as I have learned that everything I have now I have created with my reactions, decisions, indecisions, choices, or lack of choice. You might ask indecisions or lack of choice? Yes, when I let others choose or let decisions pass me by, and I allow others to make the decision. Regardless of the steps taken, all of mine have created the life and present I have now.

Since I am so aware of this concept, that I have truly been creating my future. I want to coach, and I am. Yet, I truly love many things. Recently I determined that I wanted a full-time position and coach part-time. Among other things, I returned to an employment agent that I had met a few years ago. She remembered my resume, we met, and a week later I had an interview. I had the interview on Monday, references were requested on Tuesday, and an offer made on Wed. I accepted on Thursday after clarifying a few details.

I am creating my future. I still have my evenings and weekends, I will be gainfully employed in an environment that I have envisioned. You see, I have done my homework. A few years ago I did a process to describe my perfect day -- in detail -- from morning until night on one piece of paper. I described my perfect job on another. I described my perfect living environment on another. A few times I went back to them and made a few changes based on my then current desires and needs.

That is how you create your own future.

1. Make your own decisions.
2. Make your own clear choices.
3. Create a vision in different environments - spiritual, living, financial, relationship, wardrobe, etc. etc. etc. Get as detailed as you can. Put it in a book, so it can expand as your mind and vision expands. Think BIG - it can happen. If you think small, small will happen. Then set it aside and forget about it. You have asked.
4. Take steps every day. If you miss a day, cheers, there will be another.
5. No self bashing allowed. Shake it off, reassess, and move forward again.
6. and, hire a coach.

Squeeze the joy from every minute - minutes don't return, yet memories do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Maria and first off may I say your blog site is one of the most refreshing sites I have seen and read in along time. So many and great insites and this one is just what I needed. I'm going many changes in my life at the moment and this is exactly the steps that I need to take thanks so much for this came at the right time. I'm on your site daily this is my first comment I'm leaving. Keep up the great job..