Sunday, February 7, 2010

Donald Miller - Author - Changing your story.....



"A Million Miles in a Thousand Years"


Just about half-way through reading this book, I did not want to take another minute without sharing this with you. Many of you have been sharing how creating stories has changed your lives.


For all wanting a new relationship, for others within one and wanting to make it better, please check this book out. K-Love.com, a Christian radio station, not only provides music, it takes their Christian role seriously by offering prayer partners, contests, hope, and love through all that they do. I have been gathering points as an "Insider" by sharing and knowing some answers, and with those points I chose this book. It arrived this week, and I cannot put it down. It helps that I'm a bit "under the weather" so laying around is not a hardship. I'm blessed with having this book to read.
OK - back to laying around and reading. Head to the library - or a bookstore. I highly recommend this. It is written as a memoir. I understand he has other books, yet this is my first. My suggestions is not to miss it. The chair is where we read -- yet, in order to create your life stories, you will want to make sure you GET OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step one: Get out of your chair, take a step - as scary or difficult as that may be -- take a step, even if a small one. Not moving from your chair - will only continue your life in a dream state. You will wake up, in the chair unchanged.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan--Maryellen of Hilton NY--Love this post and will check out the book which sounds very interesting and I will let you know what I think of it.

Interest concept great job as always as I have been following you now for over a year.

Also commend your photographer for the continued outstanding job.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan--John of Webster NY---Want to share with you that you have brought my wife and I closer together as we have been creating stories and taking the time each day for about 10 mins or so.

Feels so great to have that connection again with my wife and sharing in laughter.

Thanks for having this site to be able to come to and meditate on your wonderful words of wisdom.

You sure are one of Gods chosen ones

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan--Millie of GA---Yes I'm reading this book now just got it in the mail. Isn't it a great book at least what I've read so far has been great.

I can not put the book down. What did you think of the book.

Keep up the great job.

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan---Helen of Elmira NY---I am also reading this book as a friend of mine passed it along just a wonderful book. I needed it and it came at the right time.

Love all your post---I'm a single mother of 2 twin boys age 3..How do you calm them both down that gets a bit frustrating to me.

Your photographer is Awesome please share that with them.

Thanks for your wonderful and gracefully put words.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Lisa of Syracuse NY--Wow this book sounds amazing thanks for this suggestion as I'm going to the library to see if they have it so I can check it out.

Your words just warm my heart as I just lost my mother about 2 wks ago to breast cancer and this has been a difficult time to swallow. My husband and I are so saddened as we have triplets of 5yr old girls and they are very sad that there grandma is no longer here.

We did use your suggestion on creating a story and we included the girls and we were all able to laugh for a bit.

Thanks so much for this site as you provide such genuine and kind words and thoughts.

Keep it up

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Josh here of RI---I am reading this book now and it is fantastic. Love to know what you thought of it.

I have been reading all your post past and present and it is so delightful to be reading wonderful writings and I sense that you have God in your life just by the way your writings come across.

Gentle, warm and informative, can tell there is a lot of creative juices flowing.

And your photographer is just magnificient please share that with them love there work.

Look forward to hearing more on relationships as I am in one at the moment yet not quite sure if this person is right for me.

What are some indications that it is time to move forward. If you would please share some thoughts.

Keep up the remarkable works. I read in some older comments that others have asked if you have written a book yet.

Will there be one and if so please share on your site as to when it will become available.

I am a loyal reader for over a year in a half.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Renee of OH---Loved the book. How did your like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Rose from Fairport NY--Love all your post as I've been doing your suggestion on creating stories as my husband and I feel closer together.

You are one great writer and such an inspiration. Truly you are a creation from God.

Love your photographers work.

Keep up the outstanding work

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Maria of NJ---Love all your post and my family and I have been creating stories at the dinner table. This has been so nice as usually at dinner time the kids have been too busy with there friends to come home and eat.

I made the suggestion for our family to be together at dinner and take time to communicate with one another.

So we started creating stories which the whole family loved and now the whole family is together every night for the most part for dinner. The great thing about it is that the kids have brought there friends over to be a part of telling stories and there friends think it's the coolest thing.

We have 2 boys ages 16 and 17. My husband is so thrilled to be having this time and everyone looks forward to dinner and they ask if there will be a story to create.

So now we take like 10 to 15 mins at the dinner table to create a story.

Thanks so much for your suggestion