Sunday, May 16, 2010

Disappointment - unavoidable sometimes

"Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit." - Kahlil Gibran

Rochester, NY in the Spring is where most thoughts turn to warmth, sunshine and the Lilac Festival. The following is from the website, lilacfestival.com

"The only 10-day free festival of its kind in North America it is inspired by a magnificent lilac collection at Highland Park that plays host to over 500 varieties of lilacs on more than 1,200 bushes. What was first planted in 1892 by horticulturist John Dunbar has turned into the world’s largest lilac collection that even Martha Stewart has enjoyed when she visited the festival in 2007."


This year, the lilacs began to bloom two weeks prior to the start of the festival. I am not certain how the festival calculates the date, yet, it is always in May. As I watched and read some comments the past week, or two, I thought of this possibility. What if the lilacs had bloomed and departed prior to the festival? Yet, does that mean I love the flowers less? NO. This is a somewhat my thought when asked a question about commitment. Typically, I don't attend the festival, as the lilacs grown and showing their brilliance around the community are enough for me to get a dose of spring and see the beauty of the flowers. I don't need the festival typically.
Yet, relationships where one or both people want it to grow - they need the festival, they need many things more than simply seeing and experiencing the visual and the sensual. People have values, and if not lived within, a life will be out of balance.

This blog is not intended to answer specific questions - it is designed for people to think and choose their own direction. Coaching is more specific and personal, yet, too, it is designed for people to choose their own direction.
************

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."- Mother Theresa

For those who have lost a loved one -- it is so very painful. There is not much to say - except, love each other more while each is grieving in their own particular way. Create a scrapbook of moments - if not many pictures, then words - thoughts and memories of the joy experienced. Or, perhaps create two -- or more -- Connect with others, perhaps who have had similar experiences. Yet, each one will be distinctly different. There can be comfort in things that are similar.

Also, know that prayers are with you - each one of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, Betsy of Maryland--What can I as you out did yourself again on your post.

I find it difficult with the idea of commitment that puts a fear in me that is hard to describe. I don't know what it is about that word.

It took me quite some time to make a commitment to my husband when he had ask me to marry him. He was a very patient man as I made him wait 2yrs talk about a saint as he must really love me.

What has been your experience with that word commitment very interested on hearing what you have to say more on this topic.

Now I have been married now going on our 8th anniversary with a 1 year old son. We are trully blessed.

As I can also gather you are trully a gift from God and so is your photographer who is amazing where can we purchase there work.

Look forward to reading more as I have been a follower for over a year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Emery here---How are you doing---Great post as usual. I am planning a business trip to Upstate NY within the next couple of weeks and would like to take you out to dinner as I have not forgotten about it.

I am looking forward to meeting you and you meeting me. Who know's perhaps even a connection.

Have a great day

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan---Michael of Hilton NY--I'm on a break from my business meeting in between seminars and wanted to check in with you and check out your blog to let you know that I have not forgotten about taking you out to dinner and I would like to get to know you better.

Wow I need to get back from my business trips soon as I can see someone has gotten ahead of me again.

I am still on my business trips in CT then have to go to MS. I have been giving seminars on coaching which has been very interesting and large turn outs. I enjoy coaching and helping others as I can sense you do also.

I still have about a month of traveling to get through.

When I return let's set a date and time for dinner.