Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CHANGES HAPPEN EVERY DAY -----

Interesting where topics come from. Today I was listening and a fellow coach mentioned threshhold with regard to change. Each day we find ourselves on a threshhold of something, as change happens to every person every day. Even if it is simply putting on clean underwear. Choices occur minute by minute - do we walk through the door or move to another. What steps do we need to take in order to be fully involved and in the room.

This can also equate to the upcoming Christmas Holiday. That is what I know, Christmas, so I can blog about it. I do recognize there are other holidays that others celebrate. Yet, this is about Christmas. All the hustle and bustle itself is challenging and creates stress. So, does the fact that within families each year kids grow up, parents grow older, people move away, people pass away, people break up. Each year Christmas comes, and people's expectations can be interesting, at best. We currently are at the Christmas threshhold. It is a great place to take another look at this Christmas. What works, what does not, how can it be improved, what do I personally need, and what do others whom I love want and need.

Now is the time to begin to communicate and plan. Already I have made plans for church on Christmas Eve, and I'm beginning to plan for Christmas dinner. In fact as I write this I am going to make some invitations for Christmas dinner. There must be other single people who would like to share a dinner.

Christmas is not about trees, ribbon, gifts, candy, and, and, and. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus. It is a celebration of being Christian and a PERFECT time and opportunity exists to do something for someone else simply to do something for someone else.

No comments: