Thursday, January 10, 2008

PLACE BLAME -- OR WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

Many people, when a relationship is over, begin to place blame, feel guilty, become depressed, criticize themselves, etc. etc. What power did the other person take with them. It is almost as if the "other" person is more important, and the thoughts are all around the "other" person and not the self.

The end of a relationship is the perfect time to take care of self. Consider all the things that were missing in the relationship which you can now do for yourself.

I realized that many of the things I like to do were missing. Sitting in a coffee shop, listening to classical music, eating more healthy, and not sitting in a bar or watching golf every Sunday. My roommate and I have just planned our schedule through the next two weekends, and each day is different. I love that.

As time moves forward, I have too, and realize that I have so much more without him. I very much appreciate the lessons learned; yet, I have more smiles, more joy, more happiness, more awareness, more opportunities, more adventures, more......

Suggestion: Take the time to relax and think. Then, do that thing that you haven't been doing, yet you miss.

Life is rich - please don't miss a minute.

No comments: