Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Best wishes to each of you and your families this 2008 holiday season for a delightful, warm and very Happy Thanksgiving.

"God can only do for you what He can do through you." - Eric Butterworth

This is a perfect opportunity to think about the above quote. With Faith we believe that God is with us and we with him. Yet it is not about waiting for him to do something for us. It is up to us to do what he asks, and take steps, perhaps tiny ones first. Through you --- others will see joy, opportunity and possibility.

Thanksgiving is a perfect time to truly be thankful and prepare for Christmas and the other celebratory holidays within religions other than Christian.

Suggestion: Take an empty box or create a manger. Pick up some straw, hay or that something you are comfortable with in the house without bugs or that collects mice. Collect the family and discuss the following: With every "unsung" good deed, each person places a piece of straw in the box. By Christmas envision a very comfy, warm place for the baby Jesus to lay.

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to one and ALL!

P.S. Roy and family, I will be thinking of you in Vermont. What are others doing? I'm here cooking for a few in this home, and feeding a few in another where a friend is recovering from foot surgery.

Namaste!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan---Joan here from New Bern hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving.

The quote was very powerful and resonated with me.

I thank God everyday for being in my life as God has transformed me into the person that I want to be compared to the no so great life I was living previously. Life has been a struggle yet through your blog post I have been able to gain so much knowledge and insights along with I have so much respect for you and the wisdom that you provide to me and to others.

Great job and looking forward to reading your next one. A loyal follower.