Thursday, November 27, 2008

GO GREEN - SILVERWARE CLEANER

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!

After a myriad of plans, shopping, cleaning and preparation, the day has arrived. I am grateful and thankful for so many things. Especially, first of the day to be thankful to God who has graced this area with no snow storms or wind/ice storms.

Yet, every perfect holiday seems to have something that can cast a shadow. Not to differ, as I began to set the table I noticed the holiday silverware had a brownish cast to it. Uh-Oh! A search under the sink did not reveal any silver cleaner. What to do? First, not panic!

Aluminum Foil, Baking Soda and Hot Water came to the rescue. Put aluminum foil at the bottom of the sink, add HOT water and baking soda. Soak the silver. It may take a few baths to complete the process.

No harsh chemicals or the need to stand and rub, wipe, wash and dry. Simply soak.

My sincere apologies -- no before and after pictures.

Have tips? Please comment so the whole A-Tidbit community can benefit.
Also -- not in the mood for the holiday, yet something changed? For me, it was watching the Rockets on the Macy's Parade. I'm charged and ready for the day. You?

This tip has been provided by my photographer/VA - also the creator ofassistyousucceed.blogspot.com. She advises me that the site is still alive, and she will vibrantly return by next week.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan ----Brian here from SU thanks for the great tip as I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving and had to polish the silver with some sort of a cream which was terrible to work with.

So I switched to your suggestion it worked great.

Susan isn't it great to have Chris back up on her blog site my friends and I think it's great.

Anonymous said...

Susan----Hey there girl Roy here back from Vermont and great post and tip as I will try that out next weekend when company comes over.

Hey Susan----have you seen that Chris' blog site is back up we love here photo's on your site and we love her site as well nice to have her back.

Anonymous said...

Susan---John here great post just got caught up on them as I was out of town.

Excellent tip and will try that out my wife is always looking for ways to clean the silver.

Isn't it great that Chris' blog site is back up have you checked it out yet. Welcome back Chris great job..

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan-----Maria from Rochester just tried that tip today and it works fantastic and isn't it great that Chris is back up and running with here blog site.

I am a follower of both your sites

Anonymous said...

Susan---Jim here from Syracuse never thought to try that tip and I tried it out today and wow amazing how fast it worked.

Also great photo from your photographer and isn't it great having Chris back up and running on her blog site

Looking forward to seeing your next post.

Anonymous said...

Susan----Rob here from Rochester NY great post and tip along with the rest of your post. I just came across the post how to delete songs from the I-Pod thanks so much.

Have you seen it yet that your photographer has her blot site back up and running my wife and I are so thrilled as we enjoy both your sites and we love your photographers pictures looking forward to seeing the next one

Susan this is our first post yet we have been followers of yours for about 6 months now.

Looking forward to see more