Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WEIGHT LOSS HELP - CALORIES COUNT-QUOTE AT BOTTOM

This post has been "festering" for awhile. Actually, it was buried on my desk, and it reappeared after I cleaned my desk. I could have saved it for January 1; however, why wait if it can help someone now.

Many people, once in their life, want to lose weight. OK -- it is a reoccurring theme for me. This helps me, perhaps it might help you.

The following formula will remove the guesswork out of the question "How many calories to eat to lose weight."

Written by Jean Bauch in a Democrat & Chronicle article, dated 4/23/06.

1. Calculate your actual weight in pounds. If you don't have a scale, visit your Dr.
2. For women - multiply weight by 12.
For men - multiply weight by 14.
3. Deduct 500 calories
4. Answer in calories.

For example, a 160# woman will target 1420 calories each day. A 160# man will target 1740. PLEASE NOTE: Women Please DO NOT GO BELOW 1200 Calories.

This number represents the number of calories to eat to drop approximately one pound each week. You may lose more in a week. You won't simply have to eat carrots.

Here is a tip. One carbohydrate serving is 80 calories. That is the size of a mini-Lender's bagel.

It takes 21 days to make something a habit. Just in time for the approaching holidays!

Take a step today - it will make a difference tomorrow. Take step two tomorrow - etc.

Keep a calendar of successes!!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan---Jill here this is just what I was looking for. I'm always trying to lose weight. This will help out a lot.

Just figured out how many calories that I will need. I will need 1300.

Thanks for this formula I have been at a loss what to try next.

Losing weight has not been one of the easiest things for me to do.

Great job on this post and the rest of them. My husband and I still love your post on the go green or something like that. We still have a weekly contest to see how long we can go before filling up at the gas station. We have the whole family doing this it's like around 20 of us. It's been a fun time and it gives us a chance to spend time also with everybody at the different times.

When is your photographer putting up another picture we are fans of your photographer. We are on your blog site every other day.

Keep up the great job.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl Roy here awesome post as always. Weight in my family has always been a challenge.

This is a great formula to use thanks so much girl. Hope all is well and keep up the great post.

My wife and I are going to use this formula and see who can lose about 5 to 10 lbs to start out as a small goal for us. We will let you know who wins. Who ever wins is going to take the other one out to a nice healthy dinner and to a movie. So that will be fun. So when we reach it I will post and let you know who won and who gets to pay haha.

Keep it up looking good

Anonymous said...

Morning Susan,

I just sent you an email then came to read your blog. Good one, considering I wrote you that I joined Weight Watchers. It's been four weeks, so I'm over the 21 days!

One thing I've found is that in order for any change to work (change in eating habits, etc), I have to somehow change the setting.

For instance, years ago when I wanted to give up smoking, I stopped having the morning cup of coffee associated with the first cigarette of the day. Switched to tea and that made it easier.

Best of luck to everyone who's looking to lose weight, however you do it.

Susan, keep writing.

Kathleen
Blogging at http://coachkathleen.blogspot.com/
Writing at http://www.helium.com/users/412374