Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LEAD or FOLLOW

I heard there is a third choice - Get Out of The Way. I don't subscribe to this theory, yet Lead or Follow are interesting to me. Typically, people are doing one or the other. Are there others? Let me know what you think.

The reasons for this are my thoughts around cars, drivers and technology. Also, the transition to driving slower, and being more respectful to others and myself in the process. How many have noticed how easy it is, especially on an expressway, for the speed to creep up as cars pass or tail gate. Does it seem that you are alone, as cars whiz by?

I thought about this last week. I managed to maintain my speed, except for a couple situations. One was to allow cars to merge onto the expressway.

I thought about leading and not being a follower, and, again, the quote appeared -- "Be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi.

Are you slowing down to simply save money? If so that is wonderful!!!! Have you noticed anything else?

Personally, I'm going to continue to stay in touch with my personal values. One is to allow others to do what they choose, yet stay on course with what I choose. Also, I continue to learn from the posts on this blog, and watching and listening to others.

Just today, I had an appointment at 10:00 a.m. Let me set the stage. Stayed up late last night, Friday evening. Today is Saturday. Thus, I did not set my alarm. YIKES, the clock said 9:27 a.m. as my eyes first opened. My initial thought was -- I'll never make it. Yet, I jumped into my jeans, etc., brushed the teeth, slapped on a bit of eye makeup, took a minute to acknowledge the location and direction I was to travel in, and got in the car. The first thing I did was focus on my breathing, and took a deep breath to relax and get centered. The second thing was to thank God for the day, and to let him know I would honor him and myself, and not consider the roads a race track.

I maintained my speed, and arrived right on time. Regardless if gas prices slip a bit. I will stay on course.

Enjoy the day!!!!!!

No comments: