Tuesday, July 1, 2008

THINK GREEN - TOPIC D

It also, seems to me, by slowing down it is rather like --- playing fair in the sand box again!!!

What I have noticed by slowing down when driving:

MORE $$ - MORE Creative Time - MORE enjoyment while driving

LESS Gas Used - LESS Personal Stress - LESS Stress on the Brakes and Tires (change lanes less and don't use the brakes as often) - LESS time at the gas station and mechanic - LESS chance of being involved in an accident. It also provides more time to react or respond when needed.

These are advantages I noticed by simply driving slower. This might not seen like "Topic D" as I mentioned going slower before. Yet again, it also is about playing nice in the sand box.

Suggestion: It seems somewhat logical - fill up less often -- will save money and time spent at the gas station. Both are valuable for me. It might not seem like much at the moment - yet over a year? Anyone want to do the math? Not my favorite. There must be a reader out there who "loves" to analyze or run numbers. Please give it a go for all of us

And, I did not change my habits other than slowing down. Last weekend, I drove 45 minutes each way to play golf.

Next post - Leader vs.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roy here from AR---you have picked a great topic and I've tried it and it does work by going slower you do save the number of times at the gas pump as well as money.

I'm a regular reader of your post this is my first time leaving a comment and all your post are great.

Do you by chance have something out in the book stores that I can pick up.

So I will calculate the numbers to see what the savings would be and I will comment back once I have the answer. This way it will show your other readers what a savings it can be just by slowing down.

Great job and enjoy your writing.

Anonymous said...

Roy here from AR---you have picked a great topic and I've tried it and it does work by going slower you do save the number of times at the gas pump as well as money.

I'm a regular reader of your post this is my first time leaving a comment and all your post are great.

Do you by chance have something out in the book stores that I can pick up.

So I will calculate the numbers to see what the savings would be and I will comment back once I have the answer. This way it will show your other readers what a savings it can be just by slowing down.

Great job and enjoy your writing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan Robby here I tested your suggestion and it really does work by slowing down. Who would have thought there would be a great amount of savings.

Great topic. I read your blog often and a loyal reader. Where's your book do you have one out in the book stores.

Wonderful job keep up this journey God is with you in everything your do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan Roy here have not forgotten about calculating numbers for you been very busy hopefully over the weekend I will leave another post with the calculations. Didn't want you to think I forgot.

Great topics....Ok so when are you beginning your book.