Thursday, October 23, 2008

Get What You Need - Instead of Being Angry

With lots of nudging from my Dr., I scheduled an appointment for a physical. It was not exactly easy to keep the appointment. I lost my day job at the end of September, and with it, my health insurance. So, I needed to schedule Cobra (yikes, it is expensive) for October. I have made other arrangements for the next few months (1/2 the cost of Cobra) until I get another day job.

I even asked and received a blood test slip, and had the blood test prior to the appointment. I arrived on the scheduled day at the scheduled time, and very quickly was advised that they did not have me scheduled for a physical that day. Apparently, someone else took my call and did not schedule the time correctly.

My first thought was to be angry, yet, I quickly realized what I truly wanted were the results of the blood test. As the nurse was making apologies, I asked if she could please provide the results of the blood test. I realized that was truly what I wanted to know. The cholesterol level, etc.

Within 10 minutes of my arrival I was preparing to leave. Everyone thanked me for being understanding about the circumstances, and not getting angry. I rescheduled the physical appointment for November, and left with the information I needed.

Also, I now had more time in my day to get the many other things done.

Apparently, anger is sometimes expected. When you don't comply, it benefits everyone.

*Please send ideas for getting a job in this current market. I am applying on the Internet, and I plan on physically showing up in a few businesses. Any thoughts on that procedure? They will be appreciated.*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, it's Roy what is going on girl. I know what you mean I had taken my car to my dealer ship to be looked at. When I got there they had the wrong time down as I had taken time off from work. However, I could have gotten angry yet I took the opportunity to look at other cars on the lot as the car I have was in bad shape.

Instead of them fixing my old car I bought a used 2006 Toyota and the dealer was able to give me money on my trade in.

So I got what I needed which is a new to me used car instead of spending more on the old car than what it was worth. Things have a way of working out and there was no need to get angry.

As far as looking for a job have you tried Craigs List they are very popular with job listings along with selling of the many different products that's one thought. When I think of more I will let you know.

Like your idea of just showing up at different business'. Great job as always and look forward to your next post.