Friday, October 31, 2008

TIME FINDER - THINK YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH?

A Tidbit on - Where is the time? I never seem to have enough, and where does it go? Etc.

These are questions I have recently asked myself, in the past, and seemingly forever.

Yesterday, a three-minute egg timer was used in a resume review meeting. It seems a project for more and more people as jobs disappear.

What struck me for this Tidbit is how long three minutes seem to be while sitting silently watching sand slowly sift through the tube into the bulb below.

Today I am going to practice that process. I'm going to set the timer for, let's say 10 minutes and begin to pick up my bedroom. It has gotten a bit cluttered this past week, admittedly. Then I will pick another topic. The idea is to see what I can get done within a given amount of time.

I have experimented briefly before with this theory, and been very surprised at what can get done within two minutes. Now, I'm going to put the timer on, some music on and get busy.

I'll let you know what I discover. Without taking a step, nothing gets done.

Can you tell I have a bit of a focus challenge right now? Without a day job - there is nothing for me to NEED to specifically move for, getting accustomed to be ME is different - it is up to me to create that structured environment. This process might also be useful for people who have a day job, and don't seem to get around to getting "other" things done. It might be helpful for anyone with a "to do" list of any kind. Things that we have been tolerating, those myriad of small weights, which together can create havoc.

Not just for adults, create a game for your children -- create a goal, set the timer and create joy and value around the whole process. After all is not work then pay a reward system? I remember some fun activities I did with my children. I will share those as the days go by. I'm sure they had little financial cost, yet loads of fun.

Hey -- there are still a few "Squeeze Joy" silicone bands left. Great for gifts - part of a Christmas (holiday) grab bag - if your name is Joy, give it to your boyfriend or husband. Have questions? I typically have 2 for most things - send an email to itsyourlifenet@yahoo.com

It is Halloween though, and I might bite.
Happy Halloween!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan Judy from New Bern-- you are so right how time just gets away from you and we always needs more hours in a day.

It does take more focus when you don't have to be doing something or somewhere

That is a great idea about the timer I am going to try that and let you know how it works. Great job also love the previous poem.

So my kids and husband want to know when is your photographer placing another picture on your site we look forward to there creation.

Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween

Anonymous said...

Susan ---this is Brian and gang from SU looking good love your blogs as always my group is going to have a contest with the egg times and who ever wins after doing it for about a week will win 50 bucks. Will keep you informed.

We want more pictures from your photographer what's up with that we will be on the look out for a new one. We love there work