Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SAY - and NOT DO?

Do you say and not do? It might seem insignificant, yet the world is listening. A year ago I had a thought, which became repetitive. Then I began to verbalize it, yet, it did not become reality. Well, stay tuned, that thought is becoming real. I will be sharing it with the world beginning Monday, October 13th. In time to celebrate Columbus Day!!!

It has taken me a year to think, say and then do. And today, I choose to not wonder why (OK, it is hard not to).

This thought began as a draft blog post weeks ago, yet today, it has evolved. Two weeks ago I purchased a post-note pad, having forgotten about this draft post. The saying is, "After all is said and done, more is said than done."

It could be bragging with nothing to back it up. It could be promises, not fulfilled. It could be, "I should," "I could," phrases thought over and over again.

Suggestion: Start with itty bitty (for some) or bigger bittys (for others) and do what you say or think. Or, make the decision to simply -- GET OVER IT. Move past - if it has been a long time, perhaps leave it for someone else to do. Pick another thought. Or, DO IT. I used to drive my son crazy with a saying I heard from a friend. "You can DO DO DO IT, If You put YOUR MIND To It."

So - stay tuned for Monday, October 13th - and, for those who have been asking, it is not a book, yet. That will be a bit longer process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan this is Beth I am from the Buffalo area towards Orchard Park first I love all you blog post. Second this last one really hit home. I am at teacher for 2nd and 3rd graders and I've been in the process on writing a children's book. I can begin to tell how many times I have picked it up and put it down.

Your post has inspired me to continue writing it as the book is started and near done yet it seems that other distractions would come up preventing me finishing it. My publisher wants me to finish it so since I've read your post I have been able to sit down and concentrate and got another chapter just about done for review.

I needed that jump start and thanks for providing it to me so much. Time gets aways or other things in your life and now I'm back thanks to your wonderful words.

Also love the picture I am a huge fan of butterflies your photographer out did themselves the color is so brilliant and the many features and details. I am a follower of your blog just never commented. My husband and I look forward to reading more from you and seeing more pictures.

Does your photographer have a collection posted on the web somewhere we so much enjoy them. The details are remarkable great job.

Looking forward to reading your next post.