Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A FAITH BUSTER - note change with adding "not" just for senior citizens

The three-letter word EGO can disrupt, undermine and create havoc in our faithful Christian lives.

Yet, it can become a subtle challenge or a humongous force that totally disrupts your life without you being aware. Picture a virus coursing through your veins (not visible or obvious). It twists and gnarls around and through your body and brain pushing away thoughtfully creative visions and thoughts.

Thoughts of YOU get bigger, bigger, and bigger until they take over. The space for Faith begins to be crowded out, pushed aside, squeezed into a shot glass and crammed into a dark secluded corner into sludge.

Living in FAITH is not ALWAYS sweet and cushy. It takes exercise, it takes courage to be different sometimes.

This time of year can be challenging - job hunting? Me too. Each day I continue to check into Faith -and ask - Is it there? Is it being pushed aside?

EVERYONE is getting older each day, so the following is not just for senior citizens -- our spirit, like the cells of the body, is changing continually. Faith allows us to flow and not get "stuck" in the ME.

"The Devotional Bible" by Max Lucado

2 Corrinthians:4:16-
"So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day. We have small troubles for a while now, but they are helping us gain an eternal glory that is much greater than the troubles. We set our eyes not on what we see but on what we cannot see. What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan---Elly here from Binghamton NY. You out did yourself on this blog about faith. Wow thank you so much for the energy booster which it's true we need to be reminded to keep the faith and continue to realize that things happen for a reason whether the outcome we were hoping for or not.

Ego is very disruptive as I work with someone that thinks he's better than the rest of us and that makes for an unpleasant working enviroment.

Your thoughts can get bigger where it consumes you and Faith being pushed out. You know without Faith it makes for very long days.

Having Faith gives you so many more opportunities and doors that will and can be open. That's how I have been able to keep and stay positive through your blog post and keeping the faith and I created a mantra for myself that reminds me how important it is to exercise and having enough courage to stand up for yourself.

Giving up is not an option....Just be a go getter and stay strong and pray and keep the faith as God will get us through anything never close the door on God.

Your blog is a wonderful tool and thank you so much for the reminder never lose sight on faith as there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Great job and when will your photographer be putting another picture up. I am a loyal reader of yours and I love your photographers work as your photographer pays attention to the detail in the pictures. Also my family and I are glad to see that your photographer has her blog site up and running again Kudos and we look forward also seeing more blogs from her site as well.

All your post Susan are a delight to read and my family and I get so much out of them as well as many tools to use.

Anonymous said...

Susan---Jim here great job on this post I needed a Faith reminder as I lost my job back in August and still have not found anything. Great job please right more on faith.

Your post have help me get through challenging times.

Anonymous said...

Susan----Roy here---Girl way to go and this post is Outstanding....Faith is important for everybody to be reminded of. A friend of mine just got laid off and I want to spend some time cheering my friend up.

We went out to your site and we just started reading your post together and my friend was feeling so much better after reading your post and energized. Your words are very powerful and you helped my friend realize that there is Faith and Hope. It just gets difficult at this time of year---it's never a right time to get laid off yet at the Holiday time makes it a little bit worse. Yet by the time we were done reading a lot of your post my friends spirits were raised and he felt encouragement through your writings.

Great job as always and thanks for bringing comfort to my friend. Girl have a Merry Christmas---Roy and Family

Anonymous said...

Susan---Beth from IN----Tremendous blog on Faith thanks for the reminder which I have been needing. Please do another one on Faith I love the topic.

I am a loyal fan of yours and when will your photographer be placing another picture up Love your photographers work and congratulate her for getting her blog site back up and running.

Susan your words on Faith just sent chills all over you are so right on thanks so much.

Looking forward to seeing more.