Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ADJUSTING

It may seem as though I have not posted a blog in a long, long time. At least it does to me. I miss communicating with the world. It occurred to me this morning that when change or differences occur, it is very beneficial to allow sufficient time to make whatever adjustments are necessary. In addition to taking ample time to make adjustments, equally important is to being truly present during the process. It is important to have total focus to new surroundings, new people, new processes.

Although admirable, by wearing an "I can do it" attitude much is missed, when time and notice is not taken to what is happening all around in your life. An "I can do it" attitude might create blinders. For example, I could have stayed up last night into the "wee" hours to post a blog, after a very, busy, active day. Yet, I chose to sleep and get a good nights rest.

Oh, there are deadlines in life which need to be met. By taking time specifically focused on the new environment in conjunction with awareness of the other primary life sustaining environments (a previous blog, I'm fairly certain there is one) transitions and changes will take place with less stress on yourself and others in your life. The change in my employment environment, has affected my financial, social and apparel environments.

Also, there are environments and situations that occur which we have no "control" over. Examples of these are family members getting sick and being hospitalized, which creates other family members needing help, friends passing away, and promises previously made that need to be honored.

Suggestion: Take time each day to review your life as a whole, and be aware of and take steps to balance the significant environments in your life. Some will need more attention; yet, it will become easier to determine what is needed. Do what needs to be done, and not be "tempted" to do too much. Skip life's fireworks, and pay attention to each minute - which reminds me.

"Squeeze joy into each minute, time does not return, yet memories do."

Namaste


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian here I know exactly what you mean. I also started a new job and it's taking some time to adjust and trying to squeeze everything into like a few hours and the nights go by so fast. Thanks for this it's been very informative and helpful. I love making the time for friends and family and being there for them when they have needed me and I've fallen short of that. I need to make some necessary adjustments to beable to enjoy my friends and family again. Keep up the great job. I'm on your site 2 or 3 times a week

Anonymous said...

Minnie, I find it challenging to adjusting. I feel like I'm in demand all the time and trying to juggle school and work along with family and friends gets alittle difficult to do. Love your blogs and love your quote from your other post. I'm a regular of yours

Anonymous said...

Nick---I think most things in life we have to make some sort of adjustments especially I have a 3 yr boy and I'm a single dad. Managing a career, a child along with family and friends would like to see me it gets to be challenging at times. Right now my focus is my child and my job that takes up the whole day. Thanks for this I needed to here some uplifting and encouraging words