Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MEMORIES CAN

BE A BIT TOO MUCH! I ran across a quote recently, and because of my recent quote, it resonated.

This is mine -- "Squeeze joy from each minute; time does not return, yet memories do."

And, here is the one I heard -- "When your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near." Unknown

I've missed blogging. A full-time job can get in the way a bit. -A Tidbit is not far away, and moving back to blog more about things that I find interesting. A different environment takes a bit of getting used to. I seem to have begun the process by joining a Friday morning breakfast group. Each Friday it is a different person's responsibility to bring in breakfast. Last Friday it was my day. I made granola bars from scratch, and purchased blueberry scones on the chance that the granola bars were more like bird food. Also, I added fresh strawberries for color. The granola bars were a hit; how could they not be with over a cup of light brown sugar. So it is back to the test kitchen to try another recipe with less sugar, yet maintain yummy flavor. Any suggestions WITHOUT raisins, by the way. I abhor raisins.

Suggestion: Again, if you are unsure what to do - simply take a step, move into your own "test" kitchen and try something. I once made mini cream puffs. The first two batches were thrown out, and the final batch was deemed a rousing success by many who attended a super bowl party. In fact when I arrived carrying them, it was announced - "The cream puffs are here." The laughs started there and continued.

Resurrect those dreams - test them out. Did you dream of being a cowboy? Go rent a horse. Or, OK, a pair of cowboy boots. Get back into the dream state - the vision state, the possibility state and have a ball.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom---I love your quote you should put them on items. Loved the post awesome job

Anonymous said...

Valerie--Oh my gosh I absolutely love your quote is it on anything that I can obtain...The posts are great. I visit often... Keep up the great job

Anonymous said...

Jill, Wow really like the quote and the rest of the posts..

Anonymous said...

Mike, Cool quote and I'm going to incorporate that into my everyday way of life...Your an inspiration love your blog. Keep up with the refreshing writings.