Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Bern, NC

How marvelous to hear from someone who lives in New Bern, NC. Thinking back, I'm not certain I have posted about New Bern, yet I lived there, in Fairfield Harbor, specifically, for about 11 months in 2006. From March, 2006 through January, 2007. I am now back in upstate New York for a few reasons, yet what a very sweet town and region of the world.

That bridge that expands the two rivers, as wonderful as it is, truly needs some lights. Hopefully, that will happen sooner than later.

Hearing about the Chelsea restaurant brings back such fond memories. They had a tuna dish that I have since been searching. It was served with pickled ginger and something else. We would go there just for that specific dish.

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for posting from your world. That is so cool, that you live in New Bern, NC. We may have crossed paths without knowing. Also, congratulations on enjoying the day and celebrating.

Yet, as I continue to say -- Squeeze the joy each minute......................




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan it's Maryann from New Bern we met at one of the functions at the restaurant and we chatted briefly how are you doing. My husband and I are fine.

We visit your post about twice a week found you on google searching around and came across your name and had to check it out. You do lovely work and please keep it up and I've read all your blogs. Look forward to the next one.