Monday, May 5, 2008

NO WASTED TIME

No wasted relationship time happened yesterday. You know, the time that you think "What took me so long to realize what was I doing with him?" or "her?"

I was invited out for dinner a week ago and could not make it, so I suggested coffee. It would be a first date. A suggestion came back with how about breakfast, perhaps Sunday. This was all done via email, after having met about three weeks back during a gathering of a group from meetup.com.

To jump to the chase - he, the self-acknowledged planner did not seem to have his wallet, so he declared, "I guess you are buying me breakfast." I thought quickly about that, figured it was an inexpensive lesson, he took me home, and that thought was to never cross my mind again.

Yet it did, if only to post this, and ask. Has this ever happened to you, and what did you do? I thought about it after. If I did it over again, I might have payed for mine, then walked over to Target and called a friend to come pick me up. Also, I don't mind "dutch treat."

Yet, perhaps he simply needed a "free" meal.

So, I wasted no time in realizing that any more time spent with him will be a waste of time. So, a quick, inexpensive lesson and I move on.

Your thoughts?

Squeeze joy.......

Namaste

No comments: