Saturday, May 3, 2008

WORD VERIFICATION

Not sure what happened to have this appear on my blog creation screen, yet Word Verification has slowed me down with posting anything.

I'm looking into clearing it up, yet I'm not sitting idly by. The NYS Notary test on May 7th has 92% of my attention this last week, and will have until Wednesday afternoon. After that my first day on my new job will take my attention.

This gave me a thought -- some things I have wanted to do, or thought I wanted to do, did not generate a large percentage of my time. Thus, they have not happened, been created or been accomplished yet. Are you splitting your time too thinly between needs, wants and "stuff" in general, and feeling as if the wheels are spinning?

It can totally stop, or, make progress with the spinning slowed down.

Suggestions: On paper - and I truly think this is very helpful. Put on paper the top 20 projects, wants, needs, etc. that you want to accomplish, perhaps, in 6 months or less. Then, move the top 10 off that list onto the "Top 10" list. Then pick the projects that can be accomplished with a phone call or two, or the least amount of attention. Set those aside on a separate list.

Begin taking care of the small projects 1-2 each day, while establishing, creating and designing the steps to take with the bigger projects.

Look at the resulting projects. If you want help with this process - post a comment with a bit of specific information or email me, and I will collaborate with you to get these accomplished also.

How will it feel to have that 3 ton elephant off your back?

Squeeze the joy................

No comments: