Wednesday, February 27, 2008

PEDOMETER - MIGHT GET YOU MOVING

Currently I am involved with a large group to improve fitness, health and healthy living practices. Included with the program is a pedometer. I am a healthy eater, yet in the winter, I find that I'm not quite as active as in the warmer months in this chilly Northeast region.

Since I attached the pedometer to my belt on Monday, my activity level has increased without my paying attention. I find that interesting. One thing I am doing is monitoring the number throughout the day. Then, without concentrated focus, I seem to be moving more. Monday began with about 1998 steps, Tuesday with 3925 and today at 1:09 p.m. 4243.

This is fun, as I know that increased steps indicates more activity. With more activity there will be increased muscle and or weight loss or maintenance. With very little thought. In fact last night, I took off my jeans and off flew the pedometer to remind me of my intention. I put it near my glasses so in the morning the process starts again.

What suggestions do you have to get moving?
Have fun squeezing the joy out of each minute!
Cheers!

No comments: