Thursday, February 21, 2008

YOUR THOUGHTS

"All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve are a direct result of his own thoughts." James Allen

First, except for the words "All" and "man," I like this quote. There is a previous blog discussing words, which you may want to check out. I typically don't use the words all, never and always. I would like to see this quote read -- "What a person achieves and what they fail to achieve are a direct result of their own thoughts." This will reference both men and women.

OK - yet, I like this quote because it is "basically" true. When my own thoughts are prevalent, and negative, I typically know I'm in "trouble." The day could go south fairly quick. That is when I take the initiative to either write them down, check in to see if there is another possibility, check in with the feeling and the emotion, etc. There is a process that I use, which I will share in a later post, or on request.

I have been thinking of a project, and today I did an internet search to get information to get me started. So many possibilities appeared, and I was quickly overwhelmed. Rather than quit, as my mind quickly said, I posted a request for help on an email group that I belong to. I have chosen to wait and use the filter offered with the group. To get ideas and thoughts before I proceed. I have placed the project on my visible to-do list, and each day I will take a step toward accomplishing it.

I will keep my thoughts in a productive, positive, light place as I move through this project. Also, I have created a space to record productive steps. This will provide a visible acknowledgement of the steps that have been taken, and what steps are needed to achieve the desired result. Also, I have added a timeline for the project to be accomplished.

You will know when this project is finished, as it will appear on this blog. There is a learning curve, and I will announce the anticipated arrival by the end of March. Stay tuned, and great job with comments. I'm enjoying and responding, please keep it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Susie I'm also working on a project trying to stay positive easier said than done at times. I'm in the process of writing a childrens book. I found you through the link that is attached to a site called www.assistusucceed.atomicshops.com looking for someone to help edit my writing and type it out. Like your blog keep it up

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Jaime and lately I've been having negative thoughts. After reading your blog you helped put things in perspective for me. Thanks keep up the good work.