Saturday, October 27, 2007

ACKNOWLEDGE YOURSELF - GRATEFUL FOR? OH, SO MUCH

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Each evening before bed I ask questions of myself -- and each morning I check in again to write what I am grateful for, as well as what healthy and positive acknowledgements have occurred within the day. For example, I am grateful that I have been exercising each day; I acknowledge I was living in the dark past for a few weeks; I am grateful that I am moving beyond; I am grateful that my body is more fit and my focus is on eating healthy again; etc. etc. etc.

Some days I simply acknowledged that I got up in the morning; recently, I acknowledged that I was offered and accepted a part time job at the company I have wanted to work; I acknowledge I now have time to coach, support and write. The concept of forgiving is interesting. To me it caused struggle as to attempt to forgive gave more fuel to what I was forgiving someone for. Thus, I moved away from that word and moved into simply loving myself and all those who support me. That was a great beginning. I began to communicate with each person who stood up to support me. Individually, each one was thanked and acknowledged. I told each person specifically how much their support, kindness, and their participation is appreciated.

A suggestion is to create three concentric circles (one inside the other). Make them large enough to write in. In the middle circle write the names of your best and closest friends or confidants. In the next circle write names of those who are not quite as close. In the outer circle write the names of acquaintances, fellow workers, a mechanic, etc. The outer circle contains the group that is supportive and helpful, yet they may be paid, or a friend’s friend, etc.

If the inner circle is a bit short – or you realize that some people in your lives are not supportive, consider that. It is important to surround yourself with supportive people, who don’t judge, criticize or complain.

Update this list every 3-6 months and observe if movement occurs. Consider making shifts.
One small tip – live in the day you are in.

A HUGE thank you to those who have shared their experiences and left messages. Your comments are very appreciated.

Cheers - Susan

No comments: