Friday, October 26, 2007

LONE RANGER - IS IT WORKING FOR YOU?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

IT'S YOUR LIFE NET
-A Tidbit

-A Tidbit will evolve and develop --
Watch as it creates reserves and bolsters your life!

-A TIDBIT – NO.12
April 6, 2007

Spring is such a bright time of promise, and according to the calendar, it has arrived. It is a grand time to discard winter’s outer layer under which will appear opportunity.
With that idea, I read an article detailing advantages to using a business style other than the isolating “Lone Ranger” format. The suggested results are a more productive, fun environment which includes advocates and partisans in a light, spirited community, affording opportunity and expansion while feeling safe asking for help and sharing information.

Without providing specific details, I became aware of some uncomfortable feelings which arose as I considered asking for help. From conversations I have had, I know that I am not alone. Rather than dismiss the feelings, I first acknowledged myself for having them. Then I received some excellent coaching on the subject. One question, “What are some actual, not perceived, consequences of asking for help?” “I could be turned down; it has happened and stopped me in the past.”

I then stepped through the discomfort and sent an email request to a certified coach with whom I had previous correspondence, and I asked a specific question about this newsletter format. I received a delightful response with provocative questions that spawned the changes in the tag line above.

Suggestion: Asking for help, may not be your challenge. I congratulate you! Keep up the wonderful job of peeling off the winter warm fuzziness and prosper.

Yet, if this resonates, I suggest you begin to practice, perhaps with small steps. Consider the people you are asking and the question you are asking. Are you soliciting an opinion or do you want information? Specifically, ask someone currently living in the environment, who owns the article you want to acquire, or an individual who can relate or has experience in what you need. If you think about a new suit, ask someone who has suits you admire. Perhaps, create a team of supporters. The people you ask may be very pleased and proud that you did.

Coaching is a supportive environment. A new feature is to introduce coaches who have touched my life in wonderful ways. Kathleen Richardson. Check out her website!
http://www.onyourwaytothetop.com

Welcome back! If new, welcome to the process! Please feel free to share -A Tidbit with a friend. If you would like to be added to a mailing list or to make a comment, contact itsyourlifenet@yahoo.com. –A Tidbit is created by: Susan M. Korb, It’s Your Life Net, Transition Coaching
This content may be forwarded in full with contact, and creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit context. For other uses, please receive permission in writing from
itsyourlifenet@yahoo.com.
Copyright © February 19, 2007, Susan M. Korb

No comments: