Friday, October 26, 2007

BAD TO GOOD -- THINK IT -- REALLY......

Wednesday, April 25, 2007
IT'S YOUR LIFE NET
-A Tidbit
-A Tidbit, into quality, into worth --
Watch it develop to create reserves and bolster your life!

-A TIDBIT – NO.11
March 2, 2007

Think of a feeling and it shall be -- regardless if it is a good feeling or a not so good feeling.

What truly grabbed my attention on this subject recently were February days that were bitter cold with large snowfalls. Last week (2/12-2/16/07) schools were closed and public and private activities were cancelled throughout the Rochester region. I was grateful for the opportunity to stay warm, cozy and safe inside rather than driving on slippery roads, in frigid, blustery conditions.

Last Thursday the storm appeared to diminish. I donned appropriate winter attire (ski jacket, boots, hat, and gloves) and lumbered outside into the rolling sea of massive, white fluffy waves of snow. Slowly I scrutinized the area and, at last, discovered the whale-like mound rising from the vicinity where my small car had last been seen.

My new snow brush was in the car. It would take an hour to clean the car off. I will be late to pick up my friend for our planned day of work projects and adventures. I began to grouse, moan, complain and protest with a variety of expressions. The task to reclaim the car seemed daunting, and I was feeling miserable. Both the car and I had been used to a garage. What was going on?

Then my mind snapped – what am I thinking? The many negative thoughts suddenly quieted as I allowed my mind to recognize that the sought after southern blue sky and my quest for outdoor, physical activity had plunked itself down into my current world. What appeared in my mind and in reality were a beautiful, New York blue sky (unusual in winter) and the opportunity for muscle and cardio exercise while uncovering the car. I was being given a gift!

Suggestion: Of course, some days just seem to suck. Have you had a dark morning moment that seemed to quickly propel you into a very bleak day? Take the first step and become aware of your thoughts. When another dark moment appears, stop and take a thought from negative to positive and a whole day may be salvaged. Begin to play -- begin the slight flipping of a word, honing a phrase and being aware of perspective. Meditation works, and, yes, a slap in the face with cold air worked for me.

Welcome back! If new, welcome to the process! Please feel free to share -A Tidbit with a friend. If you would like to be added to a mailing list or to make a comment, contact
itsyourlifenet@yahoo.com. –A Tidbit is created by: Susan M. Korb, It’s Your Life Net

This content may be forwarded in full with contact, and creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit context. For other uses, please receive permission in writing from
itsyourlifenet@yahoo.com.
Copyright © February 19, 2007, Susan M. Korb

No comments: